Zocor is an anti-cholesterol medicine used to lower “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides (types of fat) levels in blood, while increasing "good" cholesterol (HDL) levels. Zocor belongs to HMG CoA reductase inhibitors class of drugs and is usually available in form of tablets or capsules (5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg or 80 mg) for oral administration.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Zocor
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Zocor Action Mechanism
Zocor executes its function through competitively inhibiting HMG CoA reductase activity and thus lowering the levels of cellular cholesterol. Zocor is also found to be increasing LDL receptor expression, thereby causing increased uptake of plasma LDL and consequently decreases plasma LDL-cholesterol concentration.
Consult your medical professional before taking Zocor, as its dosage depends upon your age, medical condition, response to treatment and any clinical history, if present. The usual recommended starting dosage of Zocor in adults is 20 mg to 40 mg once daily (dosage ranges between 5mg to 80 mg).While, Zocor dosage in children is 10 mg tablet taken once a day.
Avoid taking Zocor if you
- Are allergic to any of its active or inactive components,
- Suffer from kidney or liver diseases, heart ailments, diabetes, seizures, hypothyroidism or family history of hypercholesterolemia,
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding or alcoholic.
Zocor Side Effects
Common side effects of Zocor include
- Headache, insomnia or cold symptoms,
- Mild skin rash, joint pain or stomach pain.
While serious side effects of Zocor include
- Muscle pain, itching or loss of appetite,
- Jaundice, dark urine and clay-colored stools.