Zantac is an antihistamine medication used to prevent stomach or intestinal ulcer pain and discomfort and heartburn from acid reflux. Zantac contains ranitidine as the active component and is available in form of tablets or capsules (25, 75, 150 and 300 mg), syrup (15 mg/ml) and Injection (1 mg/ml or 25 mg/ml).
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Zantac
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Zantac Action Mechanism
A competitive and reversible type-2 histamine receptor antagonist (or H2 blockers), Zantac acts by preventing the activation of acid production thereby indirectly reducing stomach acidity. Zantac also relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach.
Consult your health care professional before taking Zantac medication as its dosage depends upon severity of your condition. Recommended dosage of Zantac for stomach ulcer, GERD or erosive esophagitis is 150 mg or 2 tsp of syrup taken twice a day with or without food. While Zantac dosage for duodenal and gastric ulcer is 150 mg or 2 tsp of syrup per day at bedtime.
Do not take Zantac if you
- Are allergic to any of its components
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Suffer from kidney or liver diseases, acute porphyria or phenylketonuria
Zantac Side Effects
Common side effects of Zantac include
- Severe headache, nausea or vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation and dizziness
- Stomach pain or insomnia
While serious side effects of Zantac include
- Chest pain, shortness of breath or changes in heart rate
- Sore throat, skin rash, loss of appetite and jaundice
- Dark urine and clay-colored stools
- Allergic reactions