Roxithromycin is an oral antibiotic medication used to treat wide range of bacterial infections such as infections of respiratory tract, ear, throat, nose, urinary tract and soft tissue. Roxithromycin is usually available in form of tablets as well as oral suspension. Roxithromycin belongs to macrolide class of antibiotics and is generally available in form of tablet, injection and liquid suspension.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Roxithromycin
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Roxithromycin Action Mechanism
Roxithromycin executes its action through binding to 50S ribosomal subunit of bacteria and thus inhibiting translocation of peptides. Hence, Roxithromycin indirectly inhibits protein synthesis in bacteria and thus prevents bacterial cell growth.
Consult your medical professional before taking Roxithromycin, as its dosage depends upon your age, type and severity of infection and your clinical history, if present. The usual recommended Roxithromycin dosage in adults is 150 mg twice a day, either 30 minutes before or 2 hours after meals. While Roxithromycin dose in children is 2.5 mg to 5.0 mg per kg body weight, given in two divided doses per day.
Do not take Roxithromycin if you
- Are allergic to any of its components or macrolide antibiotics,
- Suffer or have history of from serious medical complications such as kidney or liver diseases, blood disorders or heart problems.
Roxithromycin Side Effects
Common side effects of Roxithromycin include
- Gastrointestinal complications such as vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
While serious side effects of Roxithromycin include
- Severe headache, dizziness and abnormal changes in taste,
- Ringing in ears, tiredness, flatulence and loss of appetite,
- Skin rash and itching or abnormal liver function values.