Prilosec is an anti-acidity medication used to treat various stomach problems such as ulcers, certain bacteria in stomach, gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), inflammation of esophagus and zollinger-ellison syndrome. Prilosec contains omiprazole as the active ingredient and is available in form of tablets and delayed release tablets.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Prilosec
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Prilosec Action Mechanism
A selective and irreversible proton pump inhibitor, Prilosec suppresses gastric acid secretion by inhibiting hydrogen–potassium adenosinetriphosphatase enzyme system found at secretary surface of parietal cells. Prilosec inhibits the final transport of acid production in gastric lumen, thereby lowering both basal and stimulated acid secretion irrespective of stimulus.
Consult your medical professional before taking Prilosec as its dosage depends upon severity of your medical condition. The recommended adult dose of Prilosec for duodenal ulcer recurrence,gastro esophageal reflux disease, active duodenal ulcer and healing of erosive esophagitis is 20 mg per day. While for gastric ulcer treatment, dosage of Prilosec is 40 mg per day to be taken for 4-8 weeks.
Do not take Prilosec if you
- Are allergic to any of its active or inactive components,
- Are pregnant or breast feeding,
- Suffer from any medical complications such as liver diseases, heart ailments, hypomagnesaemia or other stomach problems such as tumors.
Prilosec Side Effects
Common side effects of Prilosec include
- Fever, headache, nausea and vomiting,
- Diarrhea and stomach pain or gas,
- Symptoms of cold such as sore throat or stuffy nose and sneezing.
While serious side effects of Prilosec include
- Uneven heart rate, muscle cramps and convulsions,
- Jerking muscle movements and muscle weakness,
- Allergic reactions such as itching or hives and swelling of face, lips or tongue.