A broad spectrum antifungal medication, Nizoral is used to treat various fungal or yeast infections such as candiduria, candidiasis, blastomycosis, coccidioidomycosis, chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis, oral thrush, chromomycosis, histoplasmosis, and paracoccidioidomycosis. Nizoral has ketoconazole as the active ingredient along with various inactive components.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Nizoral
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Nizoral Action Mechanism
Nizoral starts its action by impairing synthesis of ergosterol (which is vital component of fungal cell membranes) thereby increasing fungal cellular permeability resulting in cell death. Nizoral is also found to inhibit synthesis of thromboxane and sterols such as aldosterone, cortisol, and testosterone.
Consult your health care professional before taking Nizoral as its dosage depends upon your clinical condition and any medical history if present. The usual recommended dose of Nizoral is a single tablet of 200 mg to be taken daily, while a dose of 400 mg is also recommended in case of clinical unresponsiveness.
Do not take Nizoral
- If you are allergic to any of its components or you smoke or drink alcohol
- Avoid medications such as anticholinergics and acid blockers for at least two hours after taking this medication.
- If you want to perform any work related to mental alertness such as driving, etc.
Nizoral Side Effects
Common side effects of Nizoral include
- headache, nausea and vomiting
- breast swelling and tenderness or stomach pain
- sensitivity to light or change in sex drive or performance
Serious side effects of Nizoral include
- fever, loss of appetite or jaundice
- irregular heartbeat and chest pain
- dark urine, light color stools or allergic reactions