Lipitor is an anti-cholesterol medicine used to treat high cholesterol levels and to lower risk of stroke, heart attack or other heart complications in patients with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease and other risk factors. Lipitor contains Atorvastatin as its active component and is generally available in form of tablets (10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg and 80 mg).
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Lipitor
- Availability: In Stock
Delivery Time : Express Shipping (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Lipitor Action Mechanism
Lipitor executes its function through reducing cholesterol synthesis, by competitively inhibiting HMG CoA reductase enzyme. Hence, Lipitor results in compensatory increase in plasma cholesterol uptake by expression of more LDL receptors, causing decrease in LDL levels of plasma.
Consult your medical professional before taking Lipitor, as its dosage depends upon your age, clinical condition and medical history, if present. The usual recommended starting dosage of Lipitor in adults is 10 mg to 20 mg per day (with average dose ranging from 20 mg to 40 mg per day) and can be taken with or without regard to meals.
Do not take Lipitor if you
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, alcoholic or planning to undergo surgery,
- Are allergic to any of its active or inactive components,
- Suffer from serious medical complications of kidney or liver.
Lipitor Side Effects
Common side effects of Lipitor include
- Diarrhea or mild nausea,
- Muscle pain or cramps. .
While serious side effects of Lipitor include
- Unusual tiredness, fever or loss of appetite,
- Upper stomach pain, itching and unexplained muscle pain or weakness,
- Jaundice, dark urine and severe allergic manifestations.