Levaquin is broad spectrum antibiotic medication used to treat various bacterial infections of skin, sinuses, kidneys, bladder or prostate and also to treat people exposed to anthrax. Levaquin is available in form of injection, tablets and oral suspension.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Levaquin
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Levaquin Action Mechanism
Levaquin executes its action through inhibiting DNA gyrase (also known as bacterial topoisomerase II), which is an enzyme necessary for DNA replication, transcription, repair and recombination. Hence, Levaquin is found to be very effective in treatment of various bacterial manifestations.
The usual recommended Levaquin dosage in adults for treatment of chronic bronchitis, prostate, pneumonia or sinus infections and skin infections is 500 mg per day, while for urinary tract infection is 250 mg taken per day for 3 days. Levaquin is usually recommended with a glass of water, either with or without food. While Levaquin oral solution is taken on empty stomach either 1 hour before or 2 hours after meal.
Do not take Levaquin if you
- Are allergic to any of its active or inactive components,
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding,
- Suffer from medical complications such as kidney disease, heart complications, hypokalemia, seizures, etc.
Levaquin Side Effects
Common side effects of Levaquin include
- Headache, dizziness, constipation,
- Nausea and vomiting,
- Insomnia and vaginal itching or discharge.
While serious side effects of Levaquin include
- Hallucinations or convulsions,
- Numbness in your hands and feet, bleeding or jaundice,
- Dark urine, clay-colored stools or severe skin reaction.