Diovan is an antihypertensive drug used to control high blood pressure and also to treat patients suffering from heart ailments or with history of heart attack. Diovan contains Valsartan as its active component and is available in form of tablets or capsules (40 mg, 80 mg, 160 mg and 320 mg) for oral administration.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Diovan
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Diovan Action Mechanism
Diovan acts as an angiotensin II receptor antagonist and works through selectively blocking angiotensin II hormone from binding to its AT1-receptor present in different tissues. Hence, Diovan results in dilation of blood vessels, thereby lowers blood pressure and helps in maintaining normal blood pressure levels in body.
Consult your medical professional before taking Diovan, as its dosage depends you’re your age, effectiveness and tolerance of medicine, medical condition and clinical history, if present. The usual recommended starting dose of Diovan in adults is 80 mg to 160 mg on daily basis (upto 320 mg is also prescribed in some cases). While recommended starting dosage of Diovan in children is 1.3 mg per kg per day and can be taken with or without meals.
Avoid taking Diovan if you
- Are allergic to any of its components or other angiotensin II receptor blockers,
- Suffer from liver or kidney problems, heart ailments, diabetes and gall bladder problems such as gall stones,
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding or on dialysis.
Diovan Side Effects
Common side effects of Diovan include
- Headache, dizziness, diarrhea and constipation,
- Cold symptoms such as runny or stuffy nose, sore throat or cough,
- Insomnia, mild itching, pain in stomach or back.
While serious side effects of Diovan include
- Chest pain, fast or pounding heartbeats and muscle pain or tenderness,
- Numbness or tingling sensation, vision problems and dark urine.