Bactrim is an antibiotic medication used to treat pneumocystis carinii pneumonia, ear and urinary tract infections, bronchitis and traveler's diarrhea. Bactrim contains sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim as active components and is available in form of liquid suspension and tablets.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Bactrim
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Bactrim Action Mechanism
Bactrim executes its action by inhibiting folic acid production in bacteria, which is major factor for making DNA and proteins. Thus, Bactrim inhibits purine and dTMP synthesis and thereby inhibits bacterial cell growth (acts as bacteriostatic antibacterial agent).
Consult your medical professional before taking Bactrim as its dosage depends upon type and severity of bacterial infection and clinical history, if present. Bactrim is an oral medication and is usually recommended to be taken twice a day, with or without regards to meals.
Do not take Bactrim if you
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding,
- Are allergic to any of its active or inactive components,
- Suffer from kidney or liver ailments, HIV/AIDS, anemia, asthma, phenylketonuria, etc.
Bactrim Side Effects
Common side effects of Bactrim include
- Insomnia, dizziness or painful or swollen tongue,
- Spinning or ringing sensation in your head or ears and joint pain.
While serious side effects of Bactrim include
- Flu symptoms, body aches and muscle pain or weakness,
- Shortness of breath, hallucinations or seizures,
- Dark urine, clay-colored stools or jaundice,
- Restless feeling, skin rash and watery or bloody diarrhea.