Augmentin is a prescription antibiotic medication used to treat wide range of bacterial infections such as pneumonia and infections of respiratory tract, sinus, ear, skin and urinary tract. Augmentin belongs to beta lactam class of antibiotics and contains amoxillin and clavulanate potassium as its active components. Augmentin is available in form of chewable tablets, oral suspension and as tablets.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Augmentin
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Amoxillin present in Augmentin inhibits cross-linkage of linear peptidoglycan polymer chain of bacterial cell walls, thereby inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis. While clavulanate potassium present in Augmentin inhibit beta lactamase enzymes from acting on amoxillin and thereby helps in potentiating the effect of amoxillim in killing bacteria.
Consult your medical professional before taking Augmentin, as its dosage depends upon type and severity of infection, your age and clinical history, if present. The usual recommended dosage of Augmentin in adults is 500 mg tablet taken every 12 hours or 250 mg tablet taken every 8 hours, with a glass of water and one hour prior to meals.
Do not take Augmentin if you
- Are allergic to any of its active or inactive components or penicillin,
- Are pregnant (or planning to become pregnant) or breastfeeding,
- Suffer from medical complications such as kidney or liver ailments or phenylketonuria.
Augmentin Side Effects
Common side effects of Augmentin include
- Headache, nausea or vomiting,
- Mild diarrhea, stomach pain or gas,
- Skin itching or rash and yeast infection of vagina.
While serious side effects of Augmentin include
- Loss of appetite, muscle weakness, numbness or pain and stomach pain,
- Seizures, blistering or bruising and peeling caused by severe skin reaction,
- Jaundice, dark urine, clay-colored stools and watery or bloody diarrhea.