Ampicillin is a beta-lactam antibiotic medication used to treat wide range of gram positive and gram negative bacterial infections such as pneumonia, infections of ear and bladder, salmonella or Escherichia coli infections and gonorrhea. Ampicillin is known as synthetic penicillin and is available in form of injection and powder for oral solution.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Ampicillin
- Availability: In Stock
Rx Required : YES
Delivery Time : Average (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Ampicillin Action Mechanism
Ampicillin executes its action through binding to specific penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) located inside cell wall of bacteria. As a result, Ampicillin inhibits the third or the last stage of bacterial cell wall synthesis through autolysins, thereby acting as an effective drug against wide range of bacteria.
Consult your health care professional before taking any kind of Ampicillin as its dosage depends upon the type of infection and your age. The usual recommended Ampicillin dosage in case of respiratory tract and soft tissues infections is 250 to 500 mg for every 6 hours. While in case of gastrointestinal and genitourinary tract infections, Ampicillin dosage is 500 mg recommended every 6 hours.
Do not take Ampicillin if you
- Are allergic to any of its components or penicillin or cephalosporin antibiotics,
- Suffer from medical complications such as kidney disease or infectious mononucleosis,
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Ampicillin Side Effects
Common side effects of Ampicillin include
- Headache, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting,
- Dizziness and loss of appetite,
- Sore throat, stomach upset or stomach cramps.
While serious side effects of Ampicillin include
- Seizures or convulsions, fever and weakness,
- Breathing problems, difficulty in swallowing and unusual bleeding,
- Pain in passing urine, dark urine and severe allergic manifestations.