Amlodipine is an anti-hypertensive medication used to treat hypertension or chest pain (angina) and other conditions associated with coronary artery disease. Amlodipine belongs to calcium channel blocker, class of drugs and is available in form of tablets of 2.5mg, 5mg and 10mg strengths.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Amlodipine
- Availability: In Stock
Delivery Time : Express Shipping (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Amlodipine Action Mechanism
Amlodipine executes its action through inhibiting transmembrane influx of calcium ions into cardiac muscle and vascular smooth muscles. Amlodipine thus reduces blood pressure, through acting as peripheral arterial vasodilator and causing reduction in peripheral vascular resistance.
Consult your medical professional before taking Amlodipine, as its dosage depends upon your age, medical condition, other medications you might be using and clinical history, if present. The usual recommended Amlodipine dosage in treatment of hypertension or heart disease in adults is 5 mg once daily. While, dosage of Amlodipine in children ranges from 2.5 mg to 5 mg usually recommended to be taken per day.
Do not take Amlodipine if you
- Are allergic to any of its active or inactive components,
- Are pregnant (or thinking to become pregnant) or breastfeeding,
- Suffer from liver ailments (such as liver failure) or congestive heart failure.
Amlodipine Side Effects
Common side effects of Amlodipine include
- Headache, tired feeling, dizziness or drowsiness,
- Heart palpitations or irregular heartbeat,
- Stomach pain or flushing (redness, warmth or tingly feeling).
While serious side effects of Amlodipine include
- Chest pain or heavy feeling and pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest,
- Swelling in your hands, ankles or feet, nausea or sweating,
- Pain in arm or shoulder and general ill feeling.